The Joseph Rank Trust was established in June 2002. It represents an amalgamation of a number of charities established by the late Mr. Joseph Rank (1854 - 1943), or members of his family, during the period from October 1918 to April 1942. The Trust is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
We are an independent Christian grant-maker and work with all Christian denominations in the United Kingdom. The principal object of the Trust is "to advance the Christian Faith" - to further the Kingdom of God.
The original Trusts represented a practical expression of the strong Christian beliefs of their founder and his desire
to advance the Christian faith and to help the less fortunate members of society.
Today the Trustees of the Trust seek to continue the work and generosity of Joseph Rank by pursuing specific areas of interest.
Before applying for a grant please read the following:
1. BEFORE starting your application double check to see if the Trust may consider your project - please click here for details of our areas of interest
2. An essential part of the application process is to fully appreciate the details given on the web page applying for grants. Visit this web page before contacting the Trust. Please note there is no entitlement to grant funding.
3. You must ensure you have other sources of funding or can match any funding the Trust might provide. Audited accounts and detailed budgets will be requested.
4. If any of the information given in the web pages shown in points 1 and 2 is unclear, then contact the Secretary for advice by email or by telephone.
5. Do not apply if you have sufficient undesignated or unrestricted reserves to fund the project: if it is raining, use your rainy day funds.
Web site (designed and maintained by the Trust) was last updated by a real person on:
Monday 18th Febuary 2019
Grant commitments are decided by the Board of Trustees.
Grant commitments made in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31/12/2017 can be found in the links below:
Grant commitments made so far in 2019: £650,000
Grants made in 2018
2017 Annual Report and Accounts
Year ended 31st December 2017
Showcasing our work
Do visit our updated Links Page for examples of projects that the Trust is funding. Please click here for links to current grants
To view an interactive map showing the 2019 grant commitments click here
Adobe Acrobat reader is required to view PDF files on this site. Click the icon below to download it.
Joseph Rank Exhibition
A permanent exhibition on the life and work of the Founder was opened on 10th April 2013 at the Streetlife Museum in Hull. Mr Colin Rank presided. Click here for a photograph of the exhibition.
Grant Making Data
The Trust is committed to transparency and we work with 360Giving to publish data about our grants. Download an excel spreadsheet listing the grants we made in 2017 and also view our 2018 grant-map.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License which means the data is freely accessible to anyone to be used and shared as they wish. Click here for a copy of this license. The data must be attributed to The Joseph Rank Trust.
Feedback on the website
The Trust welcomes feedback on the content of the website. Please ring or email the Secretary.
©Copyright The Joseph Rank Trust 2008