The Joseph Rank Trust was established in June 2002. It represents an amalgamation of a number of charities established by the late Mr. Joseph Rank (1854 - 1943), or members of his family, during the period from October 1918 to April 1942. The Trust is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
We are an independent Christian grant-maker and work with all Christian denominations in the United Kingdom. The principal object of the Trust is "to advance the Christian Faith" - to further the Kingdom of God.
The original Trusts represented a practical expression of the strong Christian beliefs of their founder and his desire
to advance the Christian faith and to help the less fortunate members of society.
Today the Trustees of the Trust seek to continue the work and generosity of Joseph Rank by pursuing specific areas of interest.
1. BEFORE starting your application check to see if the Trust may consider your project - click here for details of our areas of interest
2. Having checked whether your project is not outside our remit, please read carefully the details given on the web page (click here) applying for grants. Please note the next Trustees meeting is in January 2021.
3. Ensure you have other sources of funding or can match any funding the Trust might provide (not applicable for capital grants). Audited accounts and detailed budgets will be requested.
4. Do not apply if you have sufficient undesignated or unrestricted reserves to fund the project: if it is raining, use your rainy day funds.
5. If you need any advice on the application process please contact the Secretary by email or by telephone - don't just submit an application in hope.
Web site (designed and maintained by the Trust) was last updated by a real person on:
Thursday 29 October 2020
Grant commitments are decided by the Board of Trustees.
Grant commitments made in 2019 and 2020 and the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31/12/2019 can be found in the links below:
Grants made in 2020:
Grants made in 2019:
2019 Annual Report and Accounts
Year ended 31st December 2019
Showcasing our work
Do visit our updated Links Page for examples of projects that the Trust is funding. Please click here for links to current grants
To view an interactive map showing the 2020 grant commitments click here
Adobe Acrobat reader is required to view PDF files on this site. Click the icon below to download it.
Joseph Rank Exhibition
A permanent exhibition on the life and work of the Founder was opened on 10th April 2013 at the Streetlife Museum in Hull. Mr Colin Rank presided. Click here for a photograph of the exhibition.
Grant Making Data 2017 to 2020
The Trust is committed to transparency and we work with 360Giving to publish data about our grants. Download an excel spreadsheet listing the grants we made in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License which means the data is freely accessible to anyone to be used and shared as they wish. Click here for a copy of this license. The data must be attributed to The Joseph Rank Trust.
Feedback on the website
The Trust welcomes feedback on the content of the website. Please ring or email the Secretary.
©Copyright The Joseph Rank Trust 2008